Tuesday 5 November 2013

Famous Romantic Quotes


Love is affection, love is devotion, love is liking someone, love is waiting for someone, love is pleasure, love is desire, and lots more. Love is one such feeling, one emotion or one subject in the world upon which thousands of stories, plays, dramas have been written, thousands of movies have been made. Among the sea of literature and movies, there are a few sayings, lines or sentences that have reached the hearts of the audiences and have been immortalized forever! Here are such famous love quotes from different fields.

Love Quotes from Movies

The following are some of the notable romantic quotes from movies.

I would rather be a ghost drifting by your side as a condemned soul than enter heaven without you. Because of your love, I will never be a lonely spirit. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever. A Knight's Tale

I would rather spend one lifetime with you - than face all the ages of this world alone. Lord of the Rings

Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now. West Side Story

I guarantee that we'll have tough times and I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life cause I know in my heart you're the only one for me. Runaway Bride

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Moulin Rouge

The being in love is better than the falling in love. Simply Irresistible

Romantic Quotes from Literature

English literature is full of quotes, sayings and poems about love and romance. Here are quotes by notable authors and poets in English literature.

Come live with me, and be my love,
And we will some new pleasures prove
Of golden sands, and crystal brooks,
With silken lines, and silver hooks. John Donne

If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else. If you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have. Sir James Matthew Barrie

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. Kahlil Gibran

Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise. Victor Hugo

Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me? Oscar Hammerstein II (Cinderella)

LOVE: The irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. Mark Twain

Famous Love Quotes by Shakespeare

Here are some quotes from the works of Shakespeare who is considered the greatest writer of all time in the English literature.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

They do not love that do not show their love.
The course of true love never did run smooth.
Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love.

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.

Journeys end in lovers meeting,
Every wise man's son doth know.

My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.

Love is like a child, That longs for everything it can come by.

These romantic quotes must have made you fall in love, all over again! I conclude with a famous love quote by Robert Browning for those in love and wish to keep on loving each other forever, "Grow old along with me the best is yet to be!".

Famous Romantic Quotes Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous