Saturday 22 February 2014

Popular Movie Quotes


Movies are a slice of life on the celluloid and it is made grand and panoramic by all the brain-storming put in by great brains. There are situation, which are analogical or similar to situations that we face everyday so the dialogs used have a great impact on us. We relate to them and as a result of which it becomes a part of the common man's language. So here are some popular and famous which have been the all time favorites and would remain so.

Famous Movie Quotes

Col. Kurtz (Marlon Brando): "The horror, the horror" in Apocalypse Now

Colonel Saito (Sessue Hayakawa): "Do not speak to me of rules. This is war! This is not a game of cricket!" in The Bridge on the River Kwai

Tuco (Eli Wallach): "When you have to shoot, shoot...don't talk." in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Rose (Kate Winslet): "I'll never let go. I'll never let go, Jack." in Titanic

Franz Liebkind (Kenneth Mars)"Hitler was better-looking than Churchill, he was a better dresser than Churchill, he had more hair, he told funnier jokes, and he could dance the pants off of Churchill!" in The Producers

Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson): "Wendy? Darling? Light of my life?...I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the f--- in!" in The Shining

Verbal Kint (Kevin Spacey): "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." In The Usual Suspects

Wooderson (Matthew McConaughey): "That's what I love about these high school girls, man: I get older, they stay the same age." in Dazed and Confused

David St. Hubbins (Michael McKean): "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf." in This Is Spinal Tap

Dean Wormer (John Vernon): "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." in National Lampoon's Animal House

Maximus (Russell Crowe):"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." in Gladiator

Pee-wee Herman (Paul Reubens) :"There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand."in Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Alex Forrest (Glenn Close):"Bring the dog, I love animals. I'm a great cook." in Fatal Attraction

Dante (Brian O'Halloran): "Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets." in Clerks

Crash Davis (Kevin Costner): "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring; besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. It's more democratic."in Bull Durham

Aurora greenway (Shirley MacLaine) :"My daughter is in pain...Give my daughter the shot!"in Terms of Endearment

Jessica rabbit (Kathleen Turner):"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way." in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Maxwell Scott (Carleton Young): "This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Ray (Jonathan Lipnicki): "Jerry, d'you know the human head weighs eight pounds? in Jerry Maguire

Virginia Woolf (Nicole Kidman): "Someone has to die in order that the rest of us should value life more." in The Hours

Popular Movie Quotes Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous