There is something about continental languages like the French, Spanish and the Italian language that sounds so romantic! Perhaps it is because Europeans are widely perceived to be better lovers than others in the world. Or perhaps it is because every word that either Penelope Cruz (for men) and Antonio Banderas (for women) speak oozes with raw sexuality. Either way it cannot be debated that Spanish is one of the most romantic languages there is. So why not say something sweet to your loved one in Spanish? Your lover would surely love to be addressed in a sweet, yet different way. And there is obviously the added attraction of you being able to say something nice in a foreign tongue! So here are some very romantic Spanish love quotes along with their translation.
"Te Quiero / Te Amo"
- I love you.
"Te quiero y solamente usted" Laura Ramirez
- I love you, and only you.
"Usted es la fuente de mi ser." Laura Ramirez
- You are the source of my being. (although "fuente" stands for "fountain", but I find "source" to be more apt in this context)
"Entre lo que existe y lo que no existe, el espacio es el amor." Anonymous
- Between that which exists and that which does not, is the space called love.
"El amor, como ciego que es, impide a los amantes ver las divertidas tonteras que cometen." William Shakespeare
- Love, blind as it is, prevents the lovers from seeing the silly follies that they commit.
"No hay amor perdido entre nosotros." Miguel de Ceravantes
- There is no love lost between us.
"El amor es esa esplndido disparo de humanos la vitalidad, la actividad suprema que la naturaleza permite a nadie para salir de s mismo hacia alguien ms." Jose Ortega y Gasset
- Love is that splendid triggering of human vitality, the supreme activity which nature affords anyone for going out of himself toward someone else.
"El amor junta los cetros con los cayados, la grandeza con la bajeza, hace posible lo imposible, iguala diferentes estados y viene a ser poderoso como la muerte." Miguel de Cervantes
- Love meeting with the staffs scepters greatness with baseness, makes the impossible possible, matches different states and becomes strong as death.
"Cuando el amor no es locura, no es amor." Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- When love is not madness, it is not love.
"El amor es invisible y entra y sale por donde quiere, sin que nadie le pida cuenta de sus hechos." Miguel Cervantes
- Love is invisible and comes and goes where you want, without anyone accountable for their actions.
"Cada uno atiende mas a la pasion que a lo que dicta la razon. De altos espiritus es apreciar las cosas altas." Miguel Cervantes
- Each serves more to passion than reason dictates. In high spirits is to appreciate the high things.
"Echa mano a la ligera; soltar a la ligera. Este es uno de los grandes secretos de la felicidad en el amor." Spanish proverb
- Take hold lightly; let go lightly. This is one of the great secrets of felicity in love.
Love truly overcomes all barriers, be it race, distance, or even language. These quotes should help you deepen your relationship with your other half, even if you don't share the same first language.