Thursday 13 February 2014

Emotional Quotes

Longing for love
"Quotations will tell the full measure of meaning, if you have enough of them."
- James Murray


Handling too many emotions at one point in our life, can make us really vulnerable. At such times, we need to calm down and take control of our emotions, rather than letting them take control over what we do. Sometimes, we don't even know what we're feeling. During moments of such confusion, we say and do things we might not want to otherwise. If you are going through an emotional upheaval, you need to calm down, sort out your thoughts, and then think straight. These quotes will help you do just that!

Quotes on Life

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
- John Lennon


"Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still."
- Lou Erickso


"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the day, saying, "I will try again tomorrow"."
- Mary Anne Radmacher


"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."
- W. M. Lewis


"Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways."
- Stephen Vincent Bent


"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana


"Everyone has problems, some are just better at hiding them."
- Anonymous


"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep."
- Fran Lebowitz


Quotes on Love

"Just when you thought everything would be perfect, everything falls apart."
- Anonymous


"The only true love is love at first sight; second sight dispels it."
- Israel Zangwill


"If you love me, let me know. If not, please gently let me go."
- Anonymous


"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference."
- Elie Wiesel


"Love is when you look into someone's eyes and see their heart."
- Jill Petty


"When you put that ring on my finger, you put a chain of death around my heart."
- Anonymous


"Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same."
- Flavia Weedn


"The one who broke you, is the only one who can fix you."
- Anonymous


Quotes on Friendship

"I've noticed your hostility towards him... I ought to have guessed you were friends."
- Malcolm Bradbury


"Don't believe your friends when they ask you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves."
- Albert Camus


"Truth and tears clear the way to a deep and lasting friendship."
- Mariede Svign


"Few friendships would survive if each one knew what his friend says of him behind his back."
- Blaise Pascal


"Silence makes the real conversations between friends. Not the saying, but the never needing to say that counts."
- Margaret Lee Runbeck


"True friends are people who make your problems their problems, just so you don't have to go through them alone."
- Anonymous


"However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship."
- Franois de La Rochefoucauld


"Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over."
- Gloria Naylor


"Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure."
- Jewish Saying


"Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing."
- Elie Wiesel


"Faithful are the wounds of a friend."
- Bible


Quotes on Death

"Can miles truly separate you from friends.... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?"
- Richard Bach


"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
- Dr. Seuss


"A thousand words won't bring you back i know because I've tried, neither will a million tears i know because I've cried."
- Anonymous


"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
- From a headstone in Ireland


"In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing."
- Robert Ingersoll


"Because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality."
- Emily Dickinson


"Death must be great, because no one has come back from it."
- Anonymous


"I miss you way too much.. The pain gets worse every day. They told me this would get easier over time.. it only seems to get harder to go on without you. It scares me more than anything..."
- Anonymous


Quotes from Movies

"Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?"
- From the movie 'What a Girl Wants'


"I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours."
- From the movie 'The Notebook'


"I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw. I'm scared of what I did, of who I am. And most of all... I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you."
- From the movie 'Dirty Dancing'


"Listen, Rose. You're gonna get out of here, you're gonna go on and make lots of babies, and you're gonna watch them grow. You're gonna die an old... an old lady warm in her bed, but not here, not this night. Not like this, do you understand me?"
- From the movie 'Titanic'


"I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not. Usually death row was called "the Last Mile". We called ours "the Green Mile."
- From the movie 'Green Mile'

Emotional Quotes Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous