Tuesday 9 July 2013

Quotes about Life and Love


It is not unusual for a layman like you and me to feel mesmerized after reading famous quotes. Most of us fumble when asked to imagine what could have sparked off this quote or that one. Even though we aren't living so differently than the writers of these quotes, we find it difficult to distill our knowledge or the experiences the way these thinkers can. It is as if, even though we have all the ingredients for a chemical reaction, we cannot pull it off because we lack the sense of timing, order and interactions needed for its meaningful outcome. The following is a collection of quotes which you will surely love going through.

  • Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. Kahlil Gibran
  • Where there is love there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
  • What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful. HH the Dalai Lama
  • When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. Mark Twain
  • I know of only one duty, and that is to love. Albert Camus
  • I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love. Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. Robert Heinlein
  • Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg
  • Looking back, I have this to regret: that too often when I loved, I did not say so. David Grayson
  • There is only one happiness in life: to love and to be loved. George Sand
  • Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better. William Shakespeare
  • My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me. Winston Churchill
  • Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can grow up, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible to see the other whole against the sky. Rainer Maria Rilke
  • Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. Benjamin Franklin
  • Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. Cherralea Morgen
  • Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have. Anonymous
  • He who has answer to why to live, can bear almost anyhow. Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Without His love I can do nothing, with His love there is nothing I cannot do. Anonymous
  • People love others not for who they are but for how they make them feel Irwin Federman
  • You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. Sam Keen
  • Love does not dominate. It cultivates. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • To be honest with you, I don't have the words to make you feel better, but I do have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and I have a heart; a heart that's aching to see you smile again. Caila
  • Real love is a pilgrimage. It happens when there is no strategy, but it is very rare because most people are strategists. Anita Brookner
  • It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others. Sydney J. Harris
  • People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
  • Tell me not, in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream! For the soul is dead that slumbers, and things are not what they seem. Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal; Dust thou art; to dust returnest, Was not spoken of the soul. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Love does not die easily. It is a living thing. It thrives in the face of all life's hazards, save one: neglect. James Bryden
  • Life is about trusting your feelings and taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past, and realizing people change. Jaimie
  • Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. Charles Schulz
  • And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln
  • Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. Albert Einstein
  • Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't. Richard Bach
  • Life is slowly passing us by. Without a genuine sense of enthusiasm, a zest for life, and a lighthearted spirit, we take our problems and obstacles too seriously. People are seen as burdens instead of gifts. Challenges are dreaded instead of seen as opportunities. Richard Carlson
  • Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon
  • If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame. Anonymous
  • I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours. Anonymous
  • Learn from your parents' mistakes, use birth control! Anonymous
  • I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. Anonymous
  • Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk? Anonymous
  • I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car. Anonymous
  • Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak. Anonymous
  • Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun. Anonymous
  • The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up. Anonymous
  • We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse. Anonymous
  • If worms had guns, birds wouldn't mess with them. Anonymous
  • Don't be humble. You're not that great. Anonymous
  • I like you. People say I've got no taste, but I like you. Anonymous
  • Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. Anonymous
  • Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence. Anonymous
  • The grass may be greener on the other side but at least you don't have to mow it. Anonymous
  • A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. Anonymous
  • I'm impressed, I've never met such a small mind inside such a big head before. Anonymous
  • Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything. Anonymous
  • Now we know why some animals eat their own children. Anonymous
  • I can tell that you are lying, your lips are moving. Anonymous
  • Pardon me, but you're obviously mistaking me for someone who gives a damn. Anonymous
  • She's the first in her family born without tail. Anonymous
  • What's wrong, don't you get any attention back home? Anonymous
  • I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain
  • You have delighted us long enough. Jane AustenIf you ever become a mother, can I have one of the puppies? Charles Pierce
  • Patrick: I'm mad. Spongebob: Why's that? Patrick: I can't see my forehead. Anonymous
  • We American's, we're a simple people... but piss us off, and we'll bomb your cities. Anonymous
  • I fight for what I believe in. I am a mercenary, and I believe in money. Anonymous
  • It saddens Norwegians that America still honors the Italian Columbus, who arrived late in the New World and by accident, who wasn't even interested in New Worlds but only in spices. Out on a spin in search of curry powder and hot peppers a man on a voyage to the grocery he stumbled onto the land of heroic Vikings and proceeded to get the credit for it. And then to name it 'America' after Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian who never saw the New World but only sat in Italy and drew incredibly inaccurate maps of it. By rights, it should be called Erica, after Eric the Red, who did the work five hundred years earlier. The United States of Erica, Erica the Beautiful, The Erican League. Anonymous
  • Please, keep talking. I always yawn when I am interested. Anonymous
There are some people who believe in a clichd saying, 'Everything is fair in love and war.' On the other hand, there are some personalities who claim, 'Life is nothing but giving.' Apart from these people, who believe in acquiring a thing at any cost or giving a thing whatever the cost, are individuals like Kahlil Gibran who find life, love and nature are one and the same thing. I hope the above quotes about life and love have enlightened you and made you really think as to what life is all about.

Quotes about Life and Love Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous