Saturday 27 July 2013

Funny Romantic Quotes

Jimmy Cannon on love
Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.
The quote above is by Thomas Fuller who was a clergyman and an author. We always say that when the person we love is missing or is away, the love we possess for the individual increases tenfold. However, what many of us overlook is how it's presence helps strengthens the bond.

There are times when words seem to fail you each time. And, there are moments when you wish you can say something sweet and romantic to the one you love. What happens when both these situations come at you at the same time? You can't just keep mum and have your nervousness or shyness keep you from wanting to express yourself. This brings me to the point that I was trying to make. If you're someone who can't seem to come up with things to say on your own, don't feel shy or weird in taking someone else's words. In the following article, we have a compilation of amazing, funny romantic quotes that will help you get through that first date. Try them out as perfect ice breaker conversations.

Quotes from Movies

Come on up here, darlin'. We could use a little sump'm around here besides the smell of lumber. The Notebook

Otis always told me love is a leap. Lamentably, I was never inspired to jump. Kate and Leopold

Julian Mercer: You really are a very sexy woman.
Erica Barry: No, really, swear to God, I'm NOT. Something's Gotta Give

Some things are not meant to last, they just take a place in your heart and make you smarter the next time. Alex and Emma

Aunt Voula: Toula. Toula! You're engaged. You're engaged - We never think this would happen for you. Never. Never. Taki, didn't we say that...
Uncle Taki: We never think this day would come. Never. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

I would rather fight with you than make love to anyone else. The Wedding Date

Harry: [after a kiss] Soft lips.
Erica: I'm so glad they still work. I haven't used them for kissing in such a long time, more like for wearing lipstick... and whistling. Something's Gotta Give

A wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face, when you've gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like. The Bachelor

Hearts will never be practical, until they are made unbreakable. The Wizard of Oz

Marriage is the promise of eternal love. As a man of honor I cannot promise eternally what I've never felt momentarily. Kate and Leopold

If you're not willing to sound stupid, you're not worthy of falling in love. A Lot Like Love

I'm in love. Ain't it great? Seems like I gotta learn how to that... love-them-and-leave-them stuff, you know? Something's Gotta Give

Nice Greek girls who don't find a husband, work in the family restaurant. So here I am, day after day, year after year, thirty and way past my expiration date. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

It doesn't matter who, when, or where...you can always use a hug. Hope Floats

I don't wanna need you, 'coz I can't have you. Bridges of Madison County

The being in love is better than the falling in love. Simply Irresistible

But if you wanna leave, you can. I'll remember you though, just like I remember everyone that leaves. Lilo & Stitch

Young Melanie: What do you want to be married to me for, anyhow?
Young Jake: So I can kiss you anytime I want. Sweet Home Alabama

Maria Portokalos: Toula, on my wedding night, my mother, she said to me, "Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom."
Toula Portokalos: Eww. Please let that be the end of your speech. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Famous Quotes for Her

Real love stories never have endings. Richard Bach

He is not a lover who does not love forever. Euripides

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. Song of Songs 8:7

The four most important words in any marriage..."I'll do the dishes." Anonymous

Love is an electric blanket with somebody else in control of the switch. Cathy Carlyle

A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him. Brendan Francis

By the time you swear you're his, shivering and sighing, and he vows his passion is infinite, undying...Lady, make note of this: One of you is lying. Dorothy Parker

Only from the heart can you touch the sky. Jalaluddin Rumi

Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it. George Carlin

Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse. Halen

Immature love says: "I love you because I need you." Mature love says: "I need you because I love you." Erich Fromm

Remember, beneath every cynic there lies a romantic, and probably an injured one. Glenn Beck
Romantic Quotes for Him

Love is like a roller coaster, when it's all over you throw up! Anonymous

Shopping is better than sex. At least if you're not satisfied, you can exchange it for something you really like. Adrienne Gusoff

An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her. Agatha Christie

Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed. Albert Einstein

Marriage is a romance in which the heroine dies in the first chapter. Cecilia Egan

To love and win, is the best thing. To love and lose, is the next best thing. William M. Thackeray

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a strike of luck. Anonymous

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. Groucho Marx

We only love truly once. It is the first time and succeeding passions are less uncontrolled. Du Coeur

To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all. Helen Rowland

Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy. Henry Kissinger
Apart from the quotes mentioned in this article, here's another article on first love quotes you can read.

These were just a few collection of quotes. Impress your date, boyfriend or girlfriend, or someone special in your life with these silly quotes.

Funny Romantic Quotes Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous